Last Updated: Jan 10, 2020
2. Information We Collect and Use.
We collect and use information about Customers and other visitors to our App and Website (collectively, "you" or "your").
If You sign-up for an account on our App and Website, we will collect your name, brand name, email address and password for the purposes of creating and administering your account with us. We may also use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you sign-up to receive marketing communications from C8KE, we collect your name and email address in order to send you e-mail regarding our products and services that we believe are of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing communications you receive or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional and account-related messages from us.
If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, we may collect your name and business contact information (such as your email address or mailing address) in order for us to respond to your request.
3. How We Use Your Data.
We use your data to provide, develop, support, customize, market, and protect our Services.
We use the information we collect or track about you to provide relevant, useful and customized Services for free. In order to do that, we use your information in the following ways:
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you the Services, features and functionality of the Services;
- Help you quickly find information and prevent you from having to enter information more than once;
- Improve the quality and design of the Services;
- Provide customized content and services, including advertising and promotional information, such as targeted ads / retargeted ads, recommend content you might like, and cross-app / cross-site functionality across multiple third party mobile apps and websites;
- Market and promote our Services to you and others;
- Diagnose problems with the Services;
- Commission processing, payments, and reports;
- Create new features, functionality, and services;
- Communicate with you, including sending you emails regarding products or services that you have liked;
- Provide customer support;
- Create device fingerprints and profiles about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices;
- Creation of consumer profiles, which may combine Your personal information from one C8KE service with personal information and other data from other C8KE services or C8KE partners;
- Perform research and analysis on your use of the Services;
- Manage your account;
- Protect the security and integrity of the Services, as well as the property, rights and personal safety of C8KE, our users or others;
- Enforce the End User License Agreement and Terms of Service, this Policy and any other agreements you have entered into with C8KE.
4. Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
Service Providers: In connection with our Websites or Services we may transfer personal information to third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host the Website, send email or other communications, process payments, and provide analytics and advertising services. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, please contact us as set out in the "Contact Us" section below. Personal information may be stored and processed by us or our service providers in Canada, the United States or other jurisdictions.
Sale of Business: We may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of C8KE, or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Legal obligations: We, our affiliates and our Canadian, U.S. and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, to other organizations in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or for the purposes of detecting, preventing or suppressing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law (which may include lawful access requests by courts, law enforcement and government institutions in such foreign jurisdictions). We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property. Where a disclosure of our customers information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customers’ instructions with respect to our response.
5. Cookies / Tracking Technologies.
- Providing custom, personalized content and information, including without limitation relevant ads, customized ads, interest-based ads and retargeted ads in Your future navigation;
- Providing cross-app / cross-site functionality across multiple third party mobile apps and websites;
- Collect device information which permits generation of device fingerprints and cross-device consumer profiles;
- Creation of user profiles;
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Analysis of your visits to / interaction with our Services, SNS services, Influencers sites, other sites and ads;
- Accumulating and reporting statistical information on Services usage, SNS services, Influencers sites and other sites;
- Determining which features users like best;
- Assessing the popularity and effectiveness of the Services;
- Determining whether and when an email was opened;
- Tracking sales;
- Facilitating commissions;
- Improving our Services and creating new services.
Turning off and/or deleting cookies does not affect other tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting.
C8KE or an affiliate network (each an "Affiliate Network Partner") may drop cookies on your device and/or web browser or utilize other tracking technologies. For example, once you click on a particular link, you will be directed by C8KE or the Affiliate Network Partner to a merchant’s e-commerce site, at which point C8KE or the Affiliate Network Partner will drop a cookie on your browser. Among other reasons, these cookies are dropped so that our Services can monetize visits to Influencers and other actions.
C8KE may also utilize third party tracking technology, such as deep linking, to leverage cross-app and cross-site functionality.
Another tracking technology is a script that collects device information to permit what is known as device fingerprinting. (see, e.g., FTC Consumer Guide on Online Tracking - What is device fingerprinting?) For example, this data collection may permit generation of device fingerprints and cross-device profiles to better understand who visits particular Influencers, how often, unique visits, repeat visits, and more.
By agreeing to the terms of this Policy and by using our Services, you consent to the cookies and other tracking technologies referenced above. In order for you to be a registered and active user of the Services, you must agree to accept cookies and other tracking technologies. If you wish to opt-out of cookies and other tracking technologies altogether, then visit our Choice/Opt-Out Section.
6. Links to Other Sites, Networks, Platforms, and Apps.
You may encounter Linked Technologies that have their own privacy policies.
The Services may contain links to third party sites, networks - including social network sites like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or others, platforms or apps ("Linked Technologies"), including retailers and advertisers. However, please be aware that C8KE is not responsible for and cannot control the terms of service or privacy policies of such other Linked Technologies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Services, and to read the applicable agreements and privacy policies for each and every Linked Technologies. The Agreement applies solely to these Services. C8KE is not responsible for and makes no representations or warranties regarding Linked Technologies, including without limitation, the content, accuracy, opinions, functionality, or services provided in such Linked Technologies. Inclusion of any Linked Technologies on the Services does not imply approval or endorsement by C8KE. If You decide to access any Linked Technologies, then You do so at your own risk.
7. Age Restrictions; Children’s Privacy.
Our Services are not for use of anyone under the age of 18.
These Services are not for use for anybody under the age of 18. By using these Services, you verify that you are over the age of 18 and in compliance with this provision. C8KE will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If C8KE obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information will be permanently deleted from our records.
8. Choice / Opt Out.
You have choices about how your data is collected, the ability to delete certain data, and the ability to close your account.
Cookies. You may be able to delete and/or turn off cookies as your browser or device permits. Unless you block or control cookies going forward, deleting cookies will only address cookies on your device at that moment. If you disable cookies entirely, C8KE Services may not function properly. Please note that other tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting, are not stopped or impacted by turning off or deleting cookies.
Flash Cookies. Some newer versions of browsers will let you control and/or delete Flash cookies. If you use a browser or device that does not let you delete Flash cookies, then try Adobe’s Website Storage Settings. Similar to regular cookies, deleting Flash cookies will only address the Flash cookies on your device at that moment. Please note that other tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting, are not stopped or impacted by turning off or deleting Flash cookies.
Other Tracking Technologies. You may be able to turn off and/or delete some scripting functionality as your browser or device permits. If you disable scripting functionality, C8KE Services may not function properly. Please note that other tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting, are not stopped or impacted by turning off some script functionality.
Opting Out from Interest-Based Ads: US residents may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of interest-based advertising by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program and European Union residents may opt-out of interest-based advertising by companies participating in the EDAA at www.youronlinechoices.com.
Your browser must accept third-party cookies before opting out. You can also express your choices through the following platforms: IAB opt-out platform, Network Advertising Initiative opt-out platform, Digital Advertising Alliance platform that provide options to express your choices for all companies that are registered in this platform. Please note that if you disable the display of personalized ads from C8KE and other advertising partners, you will continue to receive ads that are less relevant to your interests/browsing behavior.
Opting Out for Application Data: To opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile apps, US residents may download the DAA’s AppChoices application from the Android or Apple app store.
Opting Out for Location Data: You may opt out of precise location data by using the location services controls in your mobile device’s settings. Please note that this does not impact geolocation inferences, which may be possible through IP address information.
Opting out of push / local notifications: We may send push or local notifications to your device to provide updates and relevant messages. You may be able to manage notifications from the Sites, Apps or through your device.
Effect of Opting Out: You will need to renew your opt-out choice if you use a different device, use a different browser, or erase cookies from your browser. Unsubscribing from emails: You may opt out at any time by using the Opt-Out or Unsubscribe option at the bottom of most of our mass email communications, or by contacting us through the "Contact Us" section of the Services.
Account: You may also choose to close your account at any time.
Although we work to protect your data, we cannot warrant or ensure its ultimate security.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before creating your account. The user who created the account is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their unique password and account information at all times.
We use what we believe to be appropriate procedures to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, information you elect to post on our Services, emails and other information you send to us are not encrypted and such transmissions cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting sensitive information.
You should be aware of the limitations of security, authentication, encryption, and privacy measures used in connection with the Internet and that any information you transmit through the Services may be damaged, corrupted, "sniffed" and/or accessed by another person without your permission. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Services. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. We cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
10. Users in the European Union and European Economic Area.
If you are in the EU / EEA, then this section applies to you.
- Personal Data. Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person in the European Union ("EU") and European Economic Area ("EEA").
- Data Controller. C8KE is the data controller of Personal Data you provide on our Services (within our Apps or on our Sites).
- Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis for Processing. We have lawful bases to collect, use, and share your data. As explained above, we process Personal Data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process Personal Data on the following bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform a contract when you request Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing you with our products and Services, enhancing and customizing our Services, conducting analytics and delivering relevant advertising as set forth above.
- Your Rights Regarding Personal Data.If you are in the EU / EEA, then you have certain rights relating to your personal data.
- Access and Confirmation. You have the right to ask us if we process Personal Data about you, and in some circumstances, to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
- Deletion and Blocking. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to have your Personal Data deleted or blocked without undue delay.
- Direct Marketing. You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Consent. To the extent we are processing Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Data Portability. Under certain circumstances, to the extent we are processing your Personal Data on the basis of consent, or that it is necessary to perform a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To exercise those rights, please contact us.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority in your country. Contact information is provided on the following website: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
11. Contact Us.